The primary function on the Tankerman is to prepare the barges that are assigned to his boat for safe and complete loading and discharging of oil, refined, and petrochemical cargo. Also, as directed by Captain, make rounds of engine room and assist as directed to clean and maintain boat and barge.
- Prepare barges for the loading and discharging of cargoes, and perform key loading and discharging
- Build tow by handling lines and cables to tie and untie barges and boats as well as connect and disconnect transfer
- Perform scheduled vessel maintenance care for tools and equipment, and perform general housekeeping duties as assigned by their
- Works under the supervision of the Must be able to make certain that any and all federal and state required documents that must accompany the barges are on board and in proper order.
- Able to communicate with dock personnel and ensure that each person participating in the transfer of the product understands what the product is and how it should be transferred and
- Must be able to participate in the maintenance of the boat and barges, and help with the training of newly hired deck hands aspiring to become
- Responsible for handling lines and rigging during tow building, locking, and docking
- Must be able to work a rotating six hours on and six hours off or 12on 12 off watch schedule, and occasionally work different hours not to exceed sixteen consecutive hours without
- Must adhere and comply to all company policies, United States Coast Guard and environmental
- Dropping, spotting and switching barges at docks
- Troubleshoot barge problems
- Report any hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Captain and make on the spot corrections when capable
- Follow all inventory procedure and ensure all stocks are
- Other duties may be assigned as needed and as directed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Experience: Must have Tankerman ticket, preferred 2-5 year Tankermen experience
- Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Office and email
- Certifications & Licenses: Current USCG Merchant Mariner Document, also known as a Tankermen’s Ticket.Must have a valid Class’ C’ Driver License.