The Site Supervisor is responsible for the smooth operation of the Beaumont and Lufkin terminals, which are buildings where product is loaded or unloaded. They coordinate, direct, and supervise all activities in the terminal. This employee will sit at our Beaumont, Texas terminal and will need to be able to travel to Lufkin regularly (30% travel).
- Planning schedules and directing the driver’s day-to-day activities; this includes routing and dispatching
- Provide communication between drivers, customers, management and other company personnel to ensure efficient
- Work closely with the Fleet and Safety department to maintain DOT compliance in regards to driver and fleet
- Assist the Director of Safety in making sure all safety policies and procedures are followed at all
- Work closely with Inventory Control to ensure accurate inventory
- Assist the fleet department in administering fleet maintenance
- Responsible for making sure that all inspections and repairs of fleet and/or terminal equipment is performed to ensure specific operational performance and optimum
- Ensure compliance with established company operating procedures and quality control
- Provide the highest level of service to both external and internal
- Work together with the Director of Transportation on all disciplinary
- Responsible for completing and turning in all performance evaluations to the Regional Manager of Operations for review prior to
- Responsible for monitoring and approving driver/warehouse employee
- Responsible for work process improvements and ability to maintain cost control measures at or below budget.
- Demonstrated ability to build a team and lead a group of people toward a common goal. Ability to lead and develop department staff members, along with interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills
- Experience and knowledge working within a transportation department including driver supervision, routing, and fleet management.
- Ability to make decisions under stressful conditions and accept responsibility, accounting for his/her actions, and be held responsible for one’s conduct
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and developing staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others. Better than average written and spoken communication skills
Education and Experience
- Associate degree preferred
- Three to five years of transportation management experience preferred
- Knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations