The Sales Support Manager is responsible for providing sales related support to the Commercial team. This role manages a team that provides information and guidelines to assist the sales team to effectively manage their business.
- Provide direction to the Sales Support team so that inquiries are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgably manner.
- Drive departmental initiatives in support of providing Service Excellence to customers.
- Responsible for Interviewing, development, training and mentoring sales support coordinators.
- Coordinate with the sales team to ensure timely execution of customer price requests and approvals.
- Maintain customer product data and ensure up to date pricing is reflected in the ERP system to support accurate order and invoice processing
- Actively work with sales team to ensure supplier price supports are established and input into the ERP system to support accurate financial reporting. This function overseas the price support claim submittals with our largest supplier.
- Prepares customer quotes, RFP/ RFI responses and customer price lists
- Facilitate inquiries, escalations and complaints within the organization. Proactively utilize strong problem-solving skills in order to drive issue resolution to ensure customer needs are met.
- Provide support to Sales, Customer Service and Finance teams in researching and identifying pricing and costing issues, invoice adjustment and rebate requests. Facilitate other customer related requests throughout the organization as needed
- Receive and facilitate new product requests from the sales team and coordinate product availability and lead time with the inventory control department
- Review and coordinate equipment loan justifications to ensure business requirements are met to place equipment at customers site
- Perform scheduled and ad hoc reporting for customer and sales team requirements
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the ERP & CRM systems to ensure our systems well support our sales team. This role will also identify gaps in relation to the CRM & ERP systems and be instrumental in identifying process and system modifications as needed.
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures and implement methods to improve efficiency and service level to both internal and external customers.
- Support Director of Customer Solutions and colleagues with other duties, assignments and projects as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Proficiency with working with large data sets and analysis
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both in verbal and written correspondence
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer excellence
- Impeccable attention to detail and follow up skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to coach team members and collaborate with other departments to ensure customer needs are met
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast pace working environment
- Experience in SalesForce CRM a plus
- Proven self-starter with initiative and motivation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Business, Marketing, Industrial Distribution or related field
- 3-5 years related experience in a Sales, Customer Service or Sales Support position required
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience is strongly preferred