This position provides high level support to the sales organization. The position serves as a key liaison between the sales team and internal J.A.M. departments to support and facilitate an exceptional customer experience.
- Coordinate with the sales team to ensure timely execution of customer and contract specific price requests and approvals in the CRM system
- Maintain customer product data and ensure up to date pricing is reflected in the ERP system to support accurate order and invoice processing
- Actively work with sales team to ensure supplier price support opportunities are established and accurately set up in the ERP system to support accurate margin reporting. This function will also manage the price support claim submittals with our largest supplier.
- Prepares customer quotes, RFP/ RFI responses and customer price lists
- Provide support to Sales, Customer Service and Finance teams in relation to pricing issues, invoice adjustment and rebate requests. Facilitate other customer related requests throughout the organization as needed
- Receive and facilitate new product requests from the sales team and coordinate product availability and lead time with the inventory control department
- Perform detailed price adjustment impact analysis as needed to sales management to ensure product margin targets are maintained and identify low margin opportunities
- Review and coordinate Equipment Justifications to ensure business requirements are met to place equipment at customers site
- Perform scheduled and ad hoc reporting for customer specific and sales team requirements
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the ERP & CRM systems to ensure our systems well support our sales team. This role will also identify gaps in relation to the CRM & ERP systems and be instrumental in identifying process and system modifications as needed.
- Partner with the commercial team and other internal departments to identify areas for potential process improvement
- Perform special projects or initiatives as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Moderate to advanced Excel skills required
- Proficiency in large data set manipulation and analysis
- Profitability and pricing analysis experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast pace working environment
- Experience in SalesForce CRM a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with others. Above average verbal and written communication skills required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Industrial Distribution or related field is preferred
- 3-5 years related experience in a marketing analyst, business analyst, or sales support position is strongly preferred.