The Sales Business Analyst is a key role in developing and utilizing business analytic tools to enhance company profitability. The analyst role is integral in providing real time sales data and communication to the leadership team. This position will support the business by providing oversight, analysis, and decision-making support related to sales and profit performance. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, have a strong sense of curiosity and initiative to learn the business and focus on generating results. If you are looking for an entry level role within data analytics that will provide tremendous opportunities for growth and want to continue expanding your knowledge of the field, we highly encourage you to apply.
- Analyze, research and compile data related to sales performance. Identify gaps in actual performance compared to budgeted performance and recommend actions to upper management on a regular and as needed basis. The ability to anticipate questions of your audience and the ability to summarize large amounts of data in a concise, easy-to-understand document is key.
- Monitor margin reports to identify any transactional errors that impact gross profit and determine root cause. Review and analyze all data related to margin performance including weighted average cost, price supports, customer pricing or any other variable that may impact gross profit.
- Work with internal teams to identify and resolve process or data issues impacting sales financial results
- Proactively gather and analyze customer win/loss data and report on key findings to leadership
- Develop and manage reports and dashboards relative to sales performance
- Work with sales leadership to prepare sales forecasts, impact analysis on proposed promotions as well as conduct performance evaluations of promotions upon completion and deliver findings to management
- Perform additional ad hoc reporting, analysis and project management as needed to support senior leadership
- Develop and maintain complex business models for evaluating the cost to serve and profitability of customer relationships and other business transactions
- Continually pursue process improvements and offer recommendations to streamline and increase accuracy and efficiency in the area of sales data analysis, reporting and management
- Experience as a self-starter and has the ability to multi-task and self-motivate in a fast-paced environment
- Process oriented with an analytical mind with excellent data manipulation skills
- Solid time management skills required for meeting deadlines and the ability to work well under pressure
- Capable of productively engaging and challenging business leaders
- Experience with extracting and interpreting data from various sources to build relevant reports
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent systems skills including Excel, Qlik, PowerPoint, Tableau, and Salesforce
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree required preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Industrial Distribution, or a related field
- 1+ years of experience within Sales analytics – Educational experience and Professional experience will both be considered