Brenntag Lubricants Central is looking for a talented IT professional to join our team as a Mobility Specialist to manage our users and their devices through their lifecycle. The primary responsibilities for the Mobility Specialist will be to design and implement device configurations and kiosks for cellular phones, tablets and laptops as well as provide technical assistance to device users. Our Mobility Specialist must be able to answer questions or resolve device problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote locations once a request is submitted in our ticketing system. In addition, this team member will be analyzing device performance, user feedback and will keep up with any technology updates to improve device configurations and extend device functionality as well as use MDM/EEM software to assist users as needed. At Brenntag Lubricants Central we support 350+ users throughout Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma, so ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to travel 25% is required. The schedule for this position will be M-F from 6 AM – 3 PM.
If you are a seasoned IT professional or just starting your IT Career as a new graduate, this could be the position for you!
*Brenntag Lubricants is a Veteran friendly company; we encourage service members to apply.
- Must possess a Safety-First attitude.
- Respect and respond professionally to all users.
- Manage Knox Configure, Knox Mobile Enrollment and Knox Manage systems for Samsung and Apple mobile devices.
- Use Freshservice ticket system to manage requests and assets.
- Use Active Directory MMC snap in to add, update and delete Active Directory users and hardware.
- Create processes and use software tools to provide a standard initial user experience for all hardware.
- Deliver configured hardware to new users and collect hardware from management or HR staff for departing users.
- Provide initial training to new users on hardware and software.
- Provide updates and additional training to users as hardware and software evolves.
- Document processes and necessary information in any case where hardware or software configuration/management expectations are not clear or self-documented.
- Troubleshoot Cisco Meraki or Ubiquiti Unifi wired and wireless networks.
- Configure or troubleshoot Honeywell security systems.
- We are a small department…the right candidate MAY have an opportunity to do many things not listed here and obtain new skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel
- Ability to develop a skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time between Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas to provide support to remote locations.
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Preference may be given to those who process a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other related majors preferred
- 3-5 years in a help desk or customer service position.
Specific computer skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes:
- Extensive knowledge of Apple and Android Phone/Tablet operating systems
- Experience with MDM/EMM systems such as Samsung Knox (preferred) or Soti.
- Knowledge of Windows/Intel hardware and Microsoft operating systems, particularly Windows 10.
- Knowledge of Microsoft O365 Suite and internet browsers IE11, Chrome V79+ and Firefox 72+
- A+ and/or MTA Certification preferred