This position participates in all aspects of material handling including bulk, packaged goods, commodity components and supplies related to the distribution operations. Under the guidance of the Warehouse Manager, this role is responsible for identifying and communicating issues, opportunities, and solutions regarding inventory accuracy while unloading products. This position reports directly to Warehouse Manager. This position is expected to operate and promote the core values of J.A.M. Distributing that include safety, product integrity and customer satisfaction.
- Perform bulk lubricant and fuel transfers from tanker truck to bulk storage and packaging lines.
- Perform bulk lubricant packaging and associated quality checks.
- Perform container preparation, including quality checks, labeling and handling.
- Pull stock products for customer orders to be loaded onto delivery trucks, according to order pick tickets.
- Unload packaged products from trailers and transfer to proper storage location.
- Provide support to personnel during loading, offloading or packaging processes.
- Maintain work areas and support general housekeeping guidelines.
- Support all safety and quality guidelines as prescribed by company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School GED
- Experience and knowledge working within a warehouse environment
- Forklift certification
- Basic math skills
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Basic computer skills