Responsible for the repair, maintenance, modifications and operations of equipment and systems of the assigned boats and barges.
- Adhere to all safety standards set forth by J.A.M. Distributing
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance to diesel engines on off-shore vessel and barge machinery, including installation and repair.
- Troubleshoot and recommend repair to vessel machinery by examining engine equipment, such as pumps, circulators, condensers, and steering engines to locate malfunctions.
- Repair and maintain hydraulic equipment and valves.
- Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Effectively communicate with vessel Captain & Marine Operations Manager.
- Maintain and secure work tools in a safe and clean environment.
- Operate hand and power tools in a safe and clean environment.
- Provide daily task updates to manager.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- 2 plus years of related experience.
- Detailed knowledge of diesel engines is a must, as well as demonstrated proficiency in the repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, and Word