Marine Sales Account Manager
The Marine Sales Account Manager is responsible for sales, customer solutions and marketing efforts for a target set of customers in the assigned area. This position is also responsible for assisting the Sales Manager in measuring performance across the Marine Sales division to support the achievement of the short and long-term goals of the Company. The individual will utilize a face-to-face consultative sales approach to ensure the satisfaction of customer needs, as well as handling customer inquiries from our Houston office. This position will identify selling opportunities and assertively act upon the opportunities that offer maximum potential and/or profit.
- Significantly contribute to new business development and profitability growth by executing sales and marketing strategies.
- Assist Sales Manager, in designing and managing systems and processes to support continued sales and margin growth across the division.
- Develop and maintain a balanced pipeline of client prospects through aggressive cold calling, research, networking and referral.
- Secure meetings with key decision makers and advance opportunities through sales process to achieve revenue and margin objective.
- Optimize value of customer offers within strategic pricing framework by understanding the market and conveying technical solution that assist the clients in improving their products or processes.
- Maintain an up-to-date level of product, technical, and application knowledge
- Effectively respond to changing market conditions that contributes to long term sustainability.
- Proactively develop and propose ways to address business challenges, emerging trends and opportunity.
- Identify commercial outcomes from negotiations and plan and assist in achieving these outcome.
- Carry out responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner that promotes diversity, safety, and equal treatment to other employees.
- Demonstrate and facilitate open and honest communication with the department and with employees at all levels of the company.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex technical solutions in an understandable and meaningful way.
- Ability to effectively leverage the skills and knowledge within J.A.M. to support excellent customer service and drive continued sales growth.
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed environment to achieve company goals.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Very strong computer skills, including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to convey passion and technical expertise when presenting J.A.M. products and services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Maritime Business, Industrial Distribution, Business or a related field from a recognized and properly accredited university is required.
- Preference may be given to candidates with an advanced degree
- Ideally, the candidate will possess at least 2 years’ successful experience selling into Maritime industry.