Coordinate driver availability to attain the smooth and efficient movement of freight as effectively and safely as possible to the customer’s satisfaction. Each employee has the responsibility to avoid unsafe acts. Each employee also has the responsibility to promote safety among their peers and among our customers. Employees must be aware of safety training and take part in such training.
- Know the availability of drivers and equipment on a daily basis.
- Plan the use of drivers and equipment for the most efficient routing and delivery.
- Assign loads in a timely manner to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Assign loads to drivers in a systematic, fair and equitable manner.
- Communicate and follow up with customers and drivers on disposition of loads.
- Be able to perform and support dispatch role for different segments of the operation including fuel and lubricant deliveries, for each type of vehicle.
- Enforce safety and quality procedures.
- Ensure all data is entered into computer correctly and timely.
- Use computer to perform analysis, obtain information and troubleshoot.
- Support driver ‘refresher’ training as needed; be able to demonstrate equipment operations, and work and safety procedures for employees. Work with Terminal Manager and Safety Director to coordinate training schedules for new and experienced employees. Preform all assignments keeping SAFETY as #1 priority.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Business Experience: 2 plus years of experience Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft programs and PeopleNet