This position will assist the Lead Installation Technician in the installation, repair and maintenance of related machinery and equipment while working within established safety guidelines.
- Assist in the following:
- Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- Repair and maintain operating condition of automotive service equipment.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Help lead technician with:
- Running over head piping
- Mounting and installing cabinets and workbenches
- Installing and rigging oil and fuel tanks
- Installing compressors
- Installation of in-ground and above ground vehicle lifts
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Help Lead Technician demonstrate and train client during the equipment training and handover process.
- Record installation, repairs, and maintenance on customer work orders for invoice processing, as required by procedures.
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary.
- Demonstrate equipment function/features and operation to end-user/customer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work in hot environment while wearing appropriate PPE.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed.
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- 1 plus years of relevant experience
- Basic computer knowledge
Certifications & Licenses
- Must maintain, at least, a current Class C Texas Driver’s License