This position participates in all aspects of inventory control including bulk, packaged goods, commodity components and supplies related to the operation. Under the guidance of the Procurement & Inventory Manager, this role is responsible for executing purchasing activities while staying in compliance with departmental objectives and goals.
This position reports directly to the Procurement & Inventory Manager and is responsible for meeting the goals established by J.A.M. and the inventory department leader. This position is expected to operate and promote the core values of J.A.M. Distributing that include safety, product integrity and customer satisfaction.
This position will give the candidate the ability to work in either Houston, TX or in Tulsa, OK.
- Product management including accurately entering all new products and sustaining data integrity for all active products
- Negotiate best vendor terms, pricing, and lead times based on specific budgetary and scheduling requirements
- Work closely with key suppliers to support a strong supply chain
- Review order replenishment reports and replenish stock requirements as needed for various product lines for all warehouse terminals
- Create purchase orders and ensure correct product and quantities and maintain with real time information
- Issue & track purchase orders for various product lines in conjunction with procurement & inventory procedures
- Prepare and/or review purchase requisitions/orders as required (MRO)
- Respond to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing detailed product information including but not limited to: pricing, lead-time, availability, delivery requirements
- Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies, order variances and perform inventory reconciliations timely and accurately
- Review and analyze inventory service levels and inventory turns monthly
- Review dead/slow moving and overstock inventory
- Monitor damaged/quarantined inventory and work with Quality Control and Operations
- Initiate product returns or work with sales department or other distributors for disposition of inventory
- Review and audit receiving paperwork submitted by warehouse personnel
- Perform weekly cycle counts of inventory & coordinate count schedules
- Perform inventory related duties as needed
- Prepare & maintain purchasing reports, vendor list and cost for products
- Maintain and support inventory accuracy goals as set by department leader
- Support any month-end activities related to inventory
- Support Department Manager with other duties & assignments as needed
- Critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Problem solving skills including addressing problems as they arise and anticipating problems before they happen.
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills including the ability to prioritize departmental workflows and job specific duties.
- Teamwork and excellent communication skill required.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 or more years of related experience.