This position participates in all aspects of inventory control including bulk, packaged goods, commodity components and supplies related to the operation. Under the guidance of the Assistant Inventory Manager, this role is responsible for identifying and communicating issues, opportunities, and solutions regarding inventory accuracy.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Inventory Manager and is responsible for meeting the goals established by J.A.M. and the inventory department leader. This position is expected to operate and promote the core values of J.A.M. Distributing that include safety, product integrity and customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate the following transactions through the Visual Supplier system:
- Create warehouse transfers (stock replenishment)
- Enter package conversions into Visual Supplier (re-packaging)
- Run & review various inventory analysis reports
- Investigate inventory discrepancies, order variances and perform inventory reconciliations timely and accurately
- Review and report slow moving, dead, and overstock Inventory levels
- Coordinate and arrange convenience returns/damage goods with the supplier while supporting the Quality Control Department
- Monitor terminal inventory levels and ensure safety stock requirements are maintained
- Implement and maintain effective communication with Inventory Control team & other departments to ensure inventory transactions are posted timely and accurately
- Review and audit receiving paperwork submitted by warehouse personnel
- Create & coordinate daily cycle count schedules
- Assist & participate in daily inventory cycle counts
- Support any month-end activities related to inventory
- Maintain & support inventory accuracy goals as set by department leader
- Support Assistant Inventory Manager with other duties & assignments as needed
- Experience and knowledge working within a distribution organization.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 or more years of related experience.