The Fleet Manager is responsible for the safety and functional performance of the land-based and marine fleet. This position will effectively manage the on-site and off-site equipment maintenance programs to ensure the fleets are maintained in the most efficient, cost effective manner to ensure all J.A.M., Brenntag, DOT, and Marine compliance requirements are maintained. There is about 40%+ of travel involved.
- Ensure all maintenance facilities operated by of for J.A.M. have and maintain the highest focus on Safety and Environmental Compliance.
- Establish and maintain a predictive maintenance schedule for all vehicles.
- Ensure all DVIR data is compiled daily and required maintenance is performed and effectively communicated to the appropriate people.
- Maintain all required equipment files and records for the fleet.
- Regularly communicate fleet uptime statistics and main issues for downtime along with other key metrics.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and communicate them to the Transportation Leadership team.
- Provide team with information pertaining to budget creation and performance against established objectives.
- Prepare and present information to the drivers and mariners regarding vehicle operating best-practices to ensure maximum vehicle safety and preservation.
- Work with BNA Transportation regarding fleet purchasing and leasing.
- Carry out responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner that promotes diversity, safety, and equal treatment to other employ
- Demonstrate and facilitate open and honest communication with the department and with employees at all levels of the company
- Communicate regularly within the department on appropriate matters. Communicate with peer managers across the company.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex technical solutions in an understandable and meaningful way.
- Ability to manage teams indirectly through strong communications and influencing skills.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of truck fleet maintenance.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer systems and other electronic data to compile data regarding fleet maintenance, performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to convey passion and technical expertise when presenting J.A. products and services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 plus years working in fleet maintenance for a large trucking company.
- 2 plus years managing a fleet of at least 20 class A vehicles.
- Proven experience working effectively with 3rd party fleet maintenance companies.
- Preference may be given to candidates who possess a Heavy Equipment or Diesel Mechanic license.
- Preference may be given to candidates who possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related to Fleet Maintenance