Communicate and deliver the Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) practices, policies, and messages to all teams within the operational organization, participating in and conducting safety audits and inspections, employee safety observations and coaching, and hands on training assistance in safe & environmentally compliant work methods as prescribed by EHS policies in order to ensure employee, customer, and visitor safety.
- Handle incoming requests from customers and the sales team in a courteous and professional manner
- EH stewardship- Communicate issues to all operational teams and divisions
- Maintain and monitor safety compliance programs and procedures for the site while optimizing effectiveness and efficiency of the programs
- Facilitate the sharing of programs, procedures, tools, and successfully demonstrated practices for operational associates
- Responsible for maintaining all aspects of operational EHS training/retraining
- New hire training, tracking and scheduling
- Prepare and/ or provide safety meeting topics/materials for use by department/division manager monthly safety meetings; present topics as requested by department/division management
- Site walk-through inspections to identify and correct hazards
- Support the site with emphasis on hazard recognition, and job hazard analysis
- Initiate employee Coach system addressing safe work practice methods
- Conduct observations (on and off site) of operational associates, providing coaching in operational EHS issues
- Follow up on completion of safety (EHS) Work Orders and safety equipment upkeep (eye wash & showers, fire extinguishers, PPE, other)
- Follow up on employee identified EHS issues including near miss items, to ensure improvements in controls, as well as hazard and incident reduction
- Maintain/manage inventory of PPE for all operational groups
- Ensures appropriate personnel are contacted immediately to report all injuries
- Proficient in accident investigation and able to provide or recommend remediation training
- Lead and/or participate in investigation and root cause analysis for accident/ incidents as needed
- Leads Near Miss Investigations as required
- Support operation of EHS standardized processes of related electromic systems (PeopleNet, Smart Drive, Intelex, MSDSonline, Brenntag systems)
- Developing effective working relationships with site management and employees to drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- Provide input in identifying and tracking appropriate KPI’s, and assessing site safety performance
- Maintain records and prepare various safety reports as needed
- Actively engage employees in the site’s safety process to positively influence safe behavior
- A flexible attitude, excellent time management, and proven organization skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks on time under multitasking situations
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Preference will be given to candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Working DOT and OSHA regulations, codes and industry best practices
- 3+ years of related experience in a similar safety management position
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Safety designation (ASP, CSP, OHST, CSHM) preferred