The Dispatcher coordinates our fuel and lubricant drivers’ availability to attain the smooth and efficient movement of freight to the customer’s satisfaction. A J.A.M. Dispatcher will use the latest systems to schedule routes and monitor driver effectiveness. Our dispatchers are key members of our transportation team and are expected to work well under normal and emergency situations.
- Know the availability of drivers and equipment on a daily basis.
- Plan the use of drivers and equipment for the most efficient routing and delivery.
- Assign loads in a timely manner to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Assign loads to drivers in a systematic, fair and equitable manner.
- Communicate and follow up with customers and drivers on disposition of loads.
- Be able to perform and support dispatch role for different segments of the operation including fuel and lubricant deliveries, for each type of vehicle.
- Enforce safety and quality procedures.
- Ensure all data is entered into computer correctly and timely.
- Use computer to perform analysis, obtain information and troubleshoot.
- Support driver ‘refresher’ training as needed; be able to demonstrate equipment operations, and work and safety procedures for employees. Work with Terminal Manager and Safety Director to coordinate training schedules for new and experienced employees. Preform all assignments keeping SAFETY as #1 priority
- Other specific duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED). Preference will be given to those who do have a degree in a related field.
Experience : Two to four years related experience
Computer Skills : Proficient with Microsoft programs