We know, and greatly respect, that to continue our growth we need to hire great people that have the ability, drive and determination to identify and implement improvements in every aspect of our business. To support this initiative, we are looking for a talented, customer service-oriented Desktop Support Specialist.
This person will provide technical assistance to computer system users throughout J.A.M. and our affiliates and will answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone as well as provide desktop support with our employees on site. This person may also provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Efficiently and effectively answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation
- Assists the IT Manager in an effort to improve support functions and response
- Determine source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, ).
- Provide support for cell phones (Reset voicemail passwords, add, change and remove as needed various numbers)
- Provide support for the Mitel Phone System (Reset voicemail passwords, add, change and remove as needed various numbers)
- Processes requests regarding technology hardware or software usage and network account and file server
- Provides primary support for creating, enabling, disabling, or removing system user accounts.
- Maintains documentation regarding asset serial numbers and software
- Maintains the IT helpdesk database (e.g. requests for assistance, process of completion, resolutions) for the purpose of providing documentation of activities and ensuring adequate levels of support are being
- Provides reports to the IT Manager regarding requests pending and
- Reviews requests periodically for the purpose of analyzing needs in the areas of technology support
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a College or University Degree in Computer Sciences or a related field.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 1-5 years in an IT help desk or IT customer service position.
- Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: extensive knowledge of Computers and operating systems particularly Windows (XP, Vista and 7), MS Office Suite (2003,2007 and 2010) and internet browsers (IE 7,8 and 9)
- Excellent communications – written and spoken.
- Contemporary and specific knowledge on laptop, desktop and tablet set-up and maintenance procedures.
- Strong problem solving capabilities.
- Well-developed time management skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Enjoys operating in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work legally in the USA for an indefinite term, without sponsorship.