POSITION SUMMARY Customer Solutions Specialists serve as a key point of contact to provide a positive customer experience in a high volume and fast paced environment. Primary activities include order entry, coordinating order fulfillment, providing delivery information and troubleshooting issues in order to deliver customer focused solutions. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Handle incoming requests from customers and the sales team in a courteous and professional manner
- Receive customer orders via phone, email, fax, EDI and other methods. Enter order requirements into ERP system promptly and accurately.
- Provide pricing, availability and expected shipping information to customers.
- Process credit cards for orders as needed.
- Facilitate customer inquiries and complaints within the organization. Proactively utilize strong problem solving skills in order to drive issue resolution to ensure customer needs are met.
- Receive expedite requests, obtain necessary approvals and arrange third party expedited transportation arrangements as needed.
- Quote products and pricing in accordance within established parameters and guidelines.
- Routinely review open orders and research exceptions to ensure delivery expectations are being met. Escalate exceptions as needed.
- Research, review and obtain necessary approvals for return requests and invoice adjustments.
- Ensure customer purchase order record retention within document retention guidelines.
- Cultivates rapport with customer, build relationships and sustains long term customer partnerships.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with other departments.
- Partner with the sales team to promote a customer focused service environment.
- Support Customer Service Manager and colleagues with other duties, assignments and projects as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both in verbal and written correspondence
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Impeccable attention to detail and follow through skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with team members and other departments to ensure customer needs are being met
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to properly collect and assess data to develop and propose system or process improvements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Bachelor Degree required preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or Industrial Distribution Experience in a call center environment preferred 2 plus years of Customer Service or Inside Sales experience preferred Computer Skills: Proficient user of MS Office