The Customer Service Team Lead is responsible for the daily direction of the department to ensure orders and inquiries are handled in accordance with customer service expectations and J.A.M. corporate guidelines. This role works closely with the staff, serving as a key point of contact to provide a consistent customer experience in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Provide daily direction to Customer Service team so that inquiries are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Drive departmental initiatives in support of strategic directives.
- Collaborate with the Customer Service Manager to monitor departmental metrics.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify issues, gaps, and opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Participate in interviewing, development, training and mentoring customer service representatives.
- Partner with the sales team to promote a customer focused service environment.
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures and suggest methods to improve efficiency and service level to both internal and external customers.
- Support Customer Service team in handling incoming requests from customers and the sales team in a courteous and professional manner to include order processing, calls/emails and serving as a backup when needed.
- Facilitate customer inquiries and complaints within the organization. Proactively utilize strong problem-solving skills in order to drive issue resolution to ensure customer needs are met.
- Routinely review and research open orders to ensure delivery expectations are being met.
- Support Customer Service Manager and colleagues with other duties, assignments and projects as needed.
- Safety always comes first. Strive for zero accidents and incidents. Aim to set industry standards for safety measures.
- Encourage leadership within the Customer Service team and hold yourself and team members accountable for work and decisions.
- Take ownership of work, and as such bring a high level of engagement and involvement to internal and external relationships.
- Be committed to excellence in every aspect of our business to remain on top.
- Conduct all matters with the utmost degree of integrity and responsibility.
- Strive to create the highest possible value for our partners, regardless of the task at hand.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both in verbal and written correspondence
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Impeccable attention to detail and follow up skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to coach team members and collaborate with other departments to ensure customer needs are being met
- Ability to implement change in the workplace and effectively train team members
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to properly collect and assess data to develop and propose system or process improvements
- Team work oriented with proven results motivating in a team environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or Industrial Distribution
- Strong Customer Service, Account Management & maintenance experience
- 2 plus years of Customer Service or Inside Sales experience preferred
- Computer Skills: Proficient user of MS office