The Credit Manager is responsible for hands-on management of the assessment of customers’ credit situation and credit worthiness. Supports, motivates and leads a team responsible for the timely resolution of collection issues in order to minimize financial risks and bad debt exposure. This person must be driven, a self-starter, adaptive, demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment. Must lead, challenge and coach staff in a constructive and developmental manner. This role must possess strong analytical skills, possess strong communication skills, and operate well within a fast-paced culture.
- Ensures the adherence and effectiveness to the collection process and sets business controls within daily operational procedures affecting initiatives/projects to enable the timely collection of cash.
- Performs account monitoring and collection of major customer accounts.
- Establishes appropriate controls and procedures as appropriate to ensure a strong compliance environment.
- Designs and implements credit and collections strategies to improve portfolio performance across all divisions.
- Develops negotiated strategies to resolve customer disputes.
- Supports and monitors the resolution of customer issues and billing problems –escalating when required to senior management. In addition, develops common goals with Customer Service and Sales departments to ensure effective alignment.
- Works closely with senior management in developing collection strategies and pursuing outstanding customer balances.
- Responds to inquiries from staff and internal clients regarding policies, procedures and applicable collection strategies for each client.
- Mentors new employees within the Credit Department and other departments as appropriate.
- Attracts and retains high quality employees by focusing on coaching, recognition
- Must be a driven, self-starter, who is adaptive and has the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to lead, challenge and coach staff in a constructive and developmental framework.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, possess strong communication skills, and operate well within a fast-paced culture.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others. Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a College or University Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1 plus years of experience in an Accounts Payable position.
- Must be proficient with Excel, Outlook and accounting programs.