Provide technical assistance to computer system users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals, or attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and
- Assists the IT Manager in an effort to improve support functions and response
- Determine source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, ).
- Perform hardware and software
- Provide computer orientation to new
- Provide support for cell phones (ie. Reset voicemail passwords, add, change and remove as needed various numbers )
- Provide support for the Mitel Phone System (ie. Reset voicemail passwords, add, change and remove as needed various numbers)
- Processes requests regarding technology hardware or software usage and network account and file server
- Provides primary support for creating, enabling, disabling, or removing system user accounts .
- Maintains documentation regarding asset serial numbers and software applications
- Maintains the IT helpdesk database (e.g. requests for assistance, process of completion, resolutions) for the purpose of providing documentation of activities and ensuring adequate levels of support are being
- Provides reports to the IT Manager regarding requests pending and
- Reviews requests periodically for the purpose of analyzing needs in the areas of technology support and/or training.
- Assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work
- Responsible for assisting with questions about any of our supported software and computing
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both in verbal and written correspondence
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Impeccable attention to detail and follow through skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with team members and other departments to ensure customer needs are being met
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to properly collect and assess data to develop and propose system or process improvements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Experience: 3-5 years in a help desk or customer service position.
- Computer Skills: Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: extensive knowledge of Computers and operating systems particularly Windows (XP, Vista and 7), MS Office Suite (2003,2007 and 2010) and internet browsers (IE 7,8 and 9)
- Certifications & Licenses: A+ Certification