Responsible for collecting outstanding receivables quickly, effectively, and professionally.
- Compile and evaluate information needed to collect delinquent accounts
- Collect delinquent accounts using verbal and written communications
- Encourage prompt payments by informing customers of credit policy and terms
- Maintain record of all collection activity by entering detailed call notes in department database
- Research over payments and short payments and follow up appropriately
- Notify supervisor of problem accounts
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with customers and co-workers using principles of good customer service
- Analyze past due accounts that have new orders and take necessary action to insure payment problems are resolved before orders are released
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal departments (operations, invoicing, sales) to deal with and correct problems that may cause a delay in payments
- Perform additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required. Preference will be given to those with a degree.
- 2+ years’ experience in collections
- Computer Skills: Highly proficient user of MS office