J.A.M. Distributing is looking for a driven, reliable, and eager CDL driver to provide operational, and, when required, logistics support along with clerical tasks that aid in the daily business operations of the warehouse and inventory control. This position will allow you to work directly with your site supervisor and operations management to create an impact on our business. This position will allow you to gain valuable operations experience all while maintaining your CDL and continuing your driving career. If this position sounds like something that would interest you, please apply!
- Print out Pick tickets for outgoing orders
- Ship and Receive warehouse materials in accordance with our procedures and processes
- Print out BOL’s for drivers and prepare delivery paperwork (BOL’s and Manifest)
- Maintaining reports within our computer system
- Handle all internal printing requests (Sample labels and custom request)
- Scanning and maintaining C of A’s, including requests from Customer Service
- Support Terminal manager in daily activities
- Assist with Driver support. (Spotting drivers, answering calls and communicating daily)
- Assist with vendors (fleet, facility)
- Assist with information that needs to be given to our routing department daily basis.
- Assist with Customer service requests.
- Assist with Sales request
- Serve as site support back-up.
- Assist with EHS reporting
- Travel to Dallas for support when needed.
- Answer phones
- Perform as our Will Call attendant when needed
- All other assignments as needed
- Ability to maintain an orderly and systematic electronic documentation process to insure easy accessibility to current source documents.
- Ability to follow complex work procedures.
- Solid computer experience.
- Ability to function with limited day-to-day supervision. General functions, objectives, and targets will be established and performance judged on overall results.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- A valid driver’s license and forklift experience is required
- A valid Class A or B CDL with a Hazmat endorsement and at least 2 years’ commercial driver experience is strongly preferred
- Solid English skills: reading and writing is required
- Microsoft Office Products- Words, Excel, Access, PowerPoint- Intermediate
- Ability to multi-task with attention to details and prioritize job duties