Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of payment of bills, spreadsheets, funds distribution; responding to inquiries and/or requests for data and/or reports; providing timely and accurate vendor records; 1099’s and other vendor reports; and ensuring that fiscal practices are followed and disbursement of funds are within proper company guidelines. Provides administrative support, calculates, posts accounts payable transactions, processes invoices, purchase orders and other documents for use in maintaining accounts payable and necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- 1099 maintenance
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Assist in accounting-related requests, ad hoc reporting and building spreadsheets, as needed.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Perform general office duties, filing, answering telephones.
- Enter invoices in system for payment
- Assist with proper and accurate coding of vendor invoices and purchase orders with the proper general ledger accounts
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both in verbal and written correspondence
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Impeccable attention to detail and follow through skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with team members and other departments to ensure customer needs are being met
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to properly collect and assess data to develop and propose system or process improvements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College Preferred
- 2 plus years of experience
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient with Excel, Outlook and accounting programs