We are currently seeking an Account Manager to represent ExxonMobil’s’ Mobil 1 product line to the Premier Automotive Dealerships in the Houston Region. Mobil 1 is the original equipment engine oil for Mercedes, McLaren, Porsche, Corvette, Aston Martin, Bentley, General Motors, Toyota, Nissan as well as being the premier synthetic on the market. The successful candidate will be provided a substantial book of existing customers as well as strong leads to develop new business. To be successful in this role, you must be an extremely well-spoken, technically-oriented, dedicated and hardworking sales professional. We are very willing to train recent university graduates that have an engineering, business or marketing degree along with the confidence, charisma and work ethic to learn and grow with our business!
J.A.M has proudly had its doors open for over 85 years and has built a reputation as the Premier Partner for Smart Lubricant & Fuel Solutions. At J.A.M., we value our people above all else. We are constantly striving to provide the best working environment and company culture in the industry. J.A.M. encourages our employees to share their ideas and entrepreneurial spirit and values their input. J.A.M. is truly a “people’s business”, and everything we achieve as a business is accomplished with and through our employees. J.A.M. has been a leading distributor for ExxonMobil for over 45 years. Leveraging experience with leading edge technology, J.A.M. partners with key customers to identify targeted strategic areas to advance customer productivity and profitability. Providing lubricants, fuels, engineering services and equipment to the industrial, commercial, automotive and marine sectors is core to J.A.M. We enable our client’s success by providing an excellent customer experience and by maintaining impeccable product integrity. Perfecting these practices has allowed us to continually grow throughout the years and remain the industry standard for performance and quality.
As an Account Manager in our Automotive sales division, the primary focus will be to manage the overall sales & marketing efforts, as well as achieve profitable growth within the Automotive service division. The individual will utilize frequent direct face-to-face contact in a consultative sales approach to ensure the satisfaction of customer needs. After training is completed, the Account Manager will be provided with a strong customer base. This person will also identify selling opportunities and assertively act upon opportunities that offer maximum potential and profit with Automotive dealerships, fast lubes, and garages.
- Maintain current customer base while also seeking out new opportunities
- Significantly contribute to new business development and profitable growth by executing sales strategies
- Ensure all pertinent information is entered and maintained in the CRM
- Assist Sales Manager in designing and managing systems and processes to support continued sales and margin growth across the division
- Maintain an up-to-date level of product, technical, and application knowledge
- Effectively respond to changing market conditions that contributes to long term sustainability
- Proactively develop and propose ways to address business challenges, emerging trends and opportunities
- Carry out responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner that promotes diversity, safety, and equal treatment to other employees
- Demonstrate and facilitate open and honest communication with the department and with employees at all levels of the company while also communicating regularly within the company on appropriate matters
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex technical solutions in an understandable and meaningful way
- Ability to effectively leverage the skills and knowledge within J.A.M. to support excellent customer service and drive continued sales growth
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed environment to achieve company goals
- Excellent time-management skills
- Very strong computer skills, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM systems
- Ability to convey passion and technical expertise when presenting J.A.M. products and services
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Distribution, Business, or a related field from a recognized and properly accredited university is required
- Preference may be given to candidates with an advanced degree from a recognized university
- Preference may be given to candidates who possess 2 years of successful experience selling products to industrial customers