This position participates in all aspects of material handling warehouse operations. Under the guidance of the warehouse team leader, this role is responsible for moving, transferring, loading, and unloading all packaged goods. This position reports directly to the Warehouse Manager. This position is expected to operate within the core values of J.A.M. that include safety, product integrity, and customer satisfaction.
- Load packaged products for customer delivery that commonly include:
- Small cased goods (lifting 12-15 lbs)
- Large cased goods (lifting up to 60 lbs)
- 5 gallon pails (lifting up to 40 lbs)
- 55 gallon drums (tilting/rolling onto pallets for forklift/pallet jack)
- IBC bulk containers (forklift/pallet jack)
- Unload packaged and palletized goods from inbound purchase orders and put away in correct bin locations.
- Load and unload warehouse transfers.
- Receive purchase orders into:
- PO management application
- Visual Supplier database
- Ship customer orders in Visual Supplier
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required.
- Experience and knowledge working within a warehouse environment
- Forklift certification
- Basic math skills
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work night shifts