The Sales Representative will be in J.A.M.’s Professional Development Program (PDP) that primarily focuses on developing individuals for successful careers in technical sales and account management roles. The training track for the PDP provides extensive exposure to multiple facets of J.A.M. including transportation, logistics, procurement, inventory management, supply chain, marine, and equipment operations. During this time, if the employee and management believe their skills would be better suited for another area of the company, the move will be assessed and if approved the training track will be adjusted. The employee in the PDP for technical sales will initially be spend extensive time in the Fuel Department directly responsible for answering incoming calls, writing up fuel orders and pricing out orders. This position also involves quoting fuel prices to customers both verbal and written.
- Significantly contribute to new business development and profitability growth by executing sales/ marketing strategies.
- Develop and maintain a balanced pipeline of existing business and client prospects through aggressive cold calling, research, networking and referrals.
- Identify new sales and service opportunities.
- Build and sustain strong customer relationships.
- Match programs to customer requirements, and close contracts for defined programs.
- Support outside sales representatives.
- Identify, develop and implement new value add to the company
- Clearly articulate, execute, and enhance J.A.M. value proposition.
- Maintain an up to date level of product, technical, and application knowledge.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and processes.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Carry out responsibilities in an honest, ethical, and professional manner that promotes diversity, safety, and equal treatment to other employees.
- Respond to changing market conditions that contributes to long term sustainability.
- Analyze client needs through need analysis techniques and consultative sales strategies in order to provide customer solutions.
- Comfortable working a Sales- driven and results- oriented environment where financial rewards are based on metrics.
- Must be able to analyze problems and develop fit for purpose solutions.
- Ability to develop, monitor and accomplish goals; as well as close deals and win opportunities.
- Must be able to work as a team as well as individually.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree- preferably Marketing/ Management/ Industrial Distribution: Required
- Computer Skills: Highly proficient user of MS office
Customer Service Representative II
Customer Service Representatives serve as a key point of contact to provide a positive customer experience in a high volume and fast paced environment. Primary activities include order entry, coordinating order fulfillment, providing delivery information and troubleshooting issues in order to deliver customer focused solutions.
- Handle incoming requests from customers and the sales team in a courteous and professional manner
- Receive customer orders via phone, email, fax, EDI and other methods. Enter order requirements into ERP system promptly and accurately.
- Provide customer focused support pricing, availability and expected shipping information to customers.
- Process credit cards for orders as needed.
- Take ownership to facilitate customer inquiries and complaints within the organization. Proactively utilize strong problem solving skills in order to drive issue resolution to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner.
- Receive expedite requests, obtain necessary approvals and arrange third party expedited transportation arrangements as needed.
- Quote products and pricing in accordance within established parameters and guidelines.
- Routinely review open orders and research exceptions to ensure delivery expectations are being met. Escalate exceptions as needed.
- Research, review and obtain necessary approvals for return requests and invoice adjustments.
- Ensure customer purchase order record retention within document retention guidelines.
- Cultivates rapport with customer, build relationships and sustains long term customer partnerships.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with other departments.
- Partner with the sales team to promote a customer focused service environment.
- Support Customer Service Manager and colleagues with other duties, assignments and projects as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both in verbal and written correspondence
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Impeccable attention to detail and follow through skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate with team members and other departments to ensure customer needs are being met
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to properly collect and assess data to develop and propose system or process improvements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree required preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or Industrial Distribution
- Experience in a call center environment preferred
- 3 plus years of Customer Service or Inside Sales experience preferred
- Computer Skills: Proficient user of MS Office